Friday, February 19, 2010

Star Gazing

Yesterday Karen and I took the kids to the Brussels Planetarium. It is right beside the Atomium and since it is Carnival School Break we braced ourselves for the crowds. But all those Belgians must be at the swimming parks because we were literally the only folks at the Planetarium!

I told Connor we were going to see the stars and I could tell she was very confused since "the sun was awake!" Well as awake as the sun gets in Brussels these days!

We sat back in the seats and I braced myself for what I was sure would be a wiggle fest (thankful we were the only ones there so we wouldn't disturb others). But to my delight and surprise the lights went down and Connor cheered "Here come the stars! Here come the stars!" Even though the show was all in French Brady and Connor got a lot out of the circular theatre and focused pretty well for the entire 30 minutes.

I know I will never forget when Connor snuggled in my lap, neck craned skyward and started spontaneously singing Twinkle Twinkle Little Star. She is so smart and growing right up. We made wishes on the shooting stars and left after a terrific private planetarium outing!

No comments: