Monday, January 18, 2010

Carpet Picnic Parties

Many ask me how we possibly manage to budget to travel so fully and frequently in Europe. The answer is simple. Carpet picnics!
You know you have become part European when you can eat salami sandwiches and blocks of cheese for dinner!!! Just as we did every night in the Dordogne.
Connor was a particularly big fan of carrots. Big chunky ones. I think she would eat the entire bag if I let her. They don't make the baby carrots neatly peeled and bagged like in the States. So the huge ones will have to do. My little rabbit!
I can't remember the last time we went to an actual 'sit-down with a waiter' restaurant in Europe. It is all about the picnic food to save time and money when on the go. And in order to hit that 7ish bedtime! Simply spread out a hotel towel and unwrap the goodies. I wonder if Connor will remember all of our indoor picnics in the years to come?

1 comment:

julie said...

That food looks way better than Old McDonald's!!