Wednesday, December 16, 2009

P.S. another thing I hope to make...

P.S. to previous post about making the wooden rainbow.

I don't know why I am feeling so artistic, but here is another overpriced item that is inspiring me to make it myself. Don't you love these 12 Days of Christmas plates by Rosanna?

Too bad they are $100 for the set. Not sure that is justifiable for appetizer plates. Especially in this economy with me not working outside the home.

So now I have this crazy idea that maybe I can paint pottery plates to resemble this theme. One every year for 12 years? I am all about traditions. Probably would end up costing a TON more than $100 but it would be that much more personal.
What do you think?

4 comments:

Karen said...

Well, you know where the fun pottery painting store is! But, yes, I think you'd spend more than $100. They are very cute!!

Sues said...

I loooove these, and I do actually think for 12 plates, maybe it's not too extravagant to ask for for Christmas...

...*BUT* if you're feeling extra crafty, I have an idea of how you could make them super cheap. My friend taught me how to make plates that look like pottery painted plates with Sharpies!

Read the details in my comments here: http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=3735040&id=532827577

Jenna said...

I love the idea of making things rather than buying them! These plates are so cute! I think it would be a fun tradition if you did make one each year! What a great idea! :D

julie said...

I have lots of advice! But you asked for it so here goes...Each plate will only cost $8.33. If you love them, buy them now and it will be a great reminder of this time in your life. Let your daughter open one each year. By the time 12 years have passed and she is opening the 12th plate, she will understand the tradition you started while you lived in Belgium. In fact, we should all do this in some form while we live here! I think I will buy a set of ornaments or a nativity scene and let the kids open one part each year. Thanks for the motivation!
PS Maria's surgery went well.