Thursday, May 7, 2009

Lullaby and Goodnight, Go to Sleep MOMMY!

We have had a very busy week with lots of travel and anticipating both my mom's arrival this weekend and Connor's birthday. So much going on! Today is supposed to be a "cleaning day" but honestly I don't know how anything ever gets done with a toddler in the mix. Connor loves to either "help" me by staying underfoot or by untidying anything I have just put away!!! What a cycle.

But I just got the most hilarious treat. I sat down on the couch after a futile morning of attempted cleaning and said to Connor, "I'm tired!" Connor came real close and patted my leg and out of nowhere started singing me lullabies in perfect melody. Out came the words to "Hush Little Baby" and "Lullaby and Goodnight" --- but in Connor's version to me she even said "go to sleep baby Mommy!" Suddenly I am not so tired anymore.

No comments: