Sunday, March 22, 2009

Um, Connor?!?!

OK - my heart is now officially a puddle. This is the scene every morning at our house these days. Connor runs to the door when she realizes Kirk is leaving for work and plops right in the center, blocking Kirk's exit. Kirk will engage her in a comical dialog and say "Um, Connor?!?!" implying Um, Connor - you are in my path. What do you think you are doing? Time for me to go to work. And Connor will look way up at her Daddy with big blue eyes and say right back to him, "Um, Connor!!!" And then she will wait for us to laugh.Kirk, we are so very thankful to you for your hard work day in and day out. Because of you, this marvelous adventure is possible. I know it must be so difficult to leave our Connor every morning...and if I could share the stay-at-home job with you, I would. I couldn't be more thankful for this precious time together with Connor. And with you. What a special gift.

No comments: