Sunday, April 26, 2009

Hold You?!?!

There is perhaps nothing more endearing than when your child looks up at you with arms up and outstretched wanting to be held and cuddled. Especially when they are tired and just want a shoulder to snuggle on. This happens so infrequently as it seems Connor is rarely ever tired and almost always busy.

But the best part when Connor does want to be held is that she looks at me with those deep blue eyes and asks, "Hold you?" and sometimes three times in a row, "Hold you? Hold you? Hold you!"

Guess our smart little cookie hasn't quite grasped those pronouns of 'me' and 'you' just yet. She just knows when I ask, "Can I hold you?" or "Do you want me to hold you?" that means she is picked up. So it would make sense why she asks, "Hold you?" instead of "Hold me?" when wanting to be held (which is, as I said before, not that often!)

No comments: