Thursday, July 23, 2009

I'm in the Rain

Another of Connor's favorite books is this one my mom gave her for her second birthday. She insists on reading it every time we read bedtime stories. Connor can recite it word for word!It recounts all those fun parts of puppy-hood --- "Shredding, tearing breaking puppies. Messy, trouble-making puppies." "Here and there and everywhere, Puppies! Puppies! Puppies!" The reason I focus on this book is more than it being a nighttime favorite. It is because this is Connor's very favorite page in this coveted book...."Leaving puddles on the floor. Sneaking out the kitchen door."
The other day I was loading the laundry and I left Connor in her big girl pants in the living room. I came back out and my instinct told me she had wet her pants. What my instinct never would have guessed was that she was jumping in her "puddle on the kitchen floor" when I came out. I mean literally jumping up and down. And she was chanting, "I'm in the rain! I'm in the rain!" as she jumped. It was all I could do not to burst out laughing. I grabbed her and put her in the tub --- quickly! Guess she thought she was one of those "puppies, puppies, puppies!"

No comments: