Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Epossumondas

Oh Epossumondas, Epossumondas - you don't have the sense you were born with!
This is a repeated line in Connor's new favorite book, Epossumondas. Great Grandma Pat gave this book to Connor and it is a nostalgic favorite. Kirk's Grandfather Lee used to read it to Kirk as a child. I think Lee had big, laughable voices to read out all the characters. Not sure I am as booming and animated as he was, but it is a fun book nonetheless!
These are our favorite pages where Epossumondas takes a puppy and wraps it in leaves and "cools it in the water, and cools it in the water, and cools it in the water."The mother character is so funny!
I think we have read this book at least a hundred times over the past week! I could recite it in my sleep. But Connor loves it and it is a powerful time filler in between potty breaks.

2 comments:

Dallas said...

I've never heard of that book, but it looks really cute. Great illustrations.

Heather said...

I have a similar book that I read to Drew - but it is less PC. It was my mother's and features a little black baby named Epaminondus. Think I will look for your version and put away our old one!