Sunday, July 19, 2009

Anna, Anna, Bo Banna!

There is just something addictively catchy about the chant,

Anna, Anna Bo Banna
Banana Fanna Fo Fanna
Me Mi Mo Manna
ANNA!

And all the other rhyming verses that branch out from there: Mommy, Mommy, Bo Bommy and Daddy, Daddy Bo Baddy - just to name a few in the endless arrays of chorus!

I sing this song to Connor when she is in need of a distraction. She usually shifts her attention immediately to me and away we go with our clapping and singing. It sort of reminds me of singing "100 Bottles of Beer on the Wall" the way it can be repetitive and boring. But Connor just goes to pieces over it. We sing out all of our names --- at least 10 times!

Sometimes Connor will actually make this song request of us out of the blue. She says, I want to sing "Banana Fanna Bo Banna!" and away we go. And I just chuckle away. I wonder how old she will be when she still engages in and requests this simple tune?

PS - You haven't really lived until you try to put the words "strawberry ice cream" to the Banana Fanna chant! Try it! That was Connor's request. A tongue twister!!!

No comments: