Thursday, June 4, 2009

Spring Flowers (in the Summer!)

Way back in March I got excited for Spring. Really excited. When you live in cold, rainy Belgium in the Winter you have to look forward to the birth of Spring. So I had this idea to decorate our apartment with bright, happy tissue paper flowers. I don't know why I felt so compelled - our apartment already looks like an elementary art teacher took over interior design, but whatever. So I found these big fat pipe cleaners at the store and we started our project. Connor LOVED the fuzzy pipe cleaners and even practiced saying her colors with them. But mostly she liked just stuffing them into her hand and waving them around. Well as you can tell 3 months passed before we completed the tissue paper flower project. I wanted to do three flowers for each side of every window in our living room. We have a lot of windows! It is funny to look at these photos of Connor from 3 months back to tell how much she has changed in just those 3 months while I was crafting the flowers! I like the looks of our tissue paper flowers now that they are finally done. And Connor does too. She sometimes points up at them and says, "flowers! flowers! flowers!" And it makes the project very worthwhile.

No comments: