Monday, June 8, 2009

Chillin in the Backseat

As we road tripped throughout Germany and Austria we had plenty of interactive, engaged times. We sang the ABCs, "On Top of Spaghetti," and "John Jacob Jingleheimerschmidt" more times than I thought possible. Luckily my sweet husband did remember to bring Julie Andrews' Sound of Music soundtrack so we could be aptly-themed in Austria. But Connor's music definitely ruled the day. She especially loves "If You're Happy and You Know It." Only problem is that when the verse comes that goes, "If you're happy and you know it, NOD your head," Connor must think they are saying "KNOCK your head" because she makes knuckles with her fists and knocks on her head! No matter how vigorously Kirk and I try to demonstrate the nods she insists on knocking and we all have a good laugh.

There are of course hours of down time when we all disengage and play more independently. One time I woke up from a nap and looked in the backseat. Connor managed to unzip my suitcase and pulled out all of my underwear. She was quite proud of her discovery. She also found my pink shirt and next thing I knew she was wearing it!
Silly girl! Road trips always bring out something new!

No comments: